Thursday, September 3, 2009

what day is it?

Hi everyone. This is day #3 that I have been sick. I'll try to catch you up a bit. I think the last post was on Friday, before the concert.

The concert was AWESOME!! This was my first official concert, although Bill will argue that point, lol. We did see Dierks Bentley perform at the Grand Ole Opry, which was also awesome, but it wasn't really a concert. :) Let's see...Cletus T. Judd was first and sang about 3 songs. He cracks me up! Then it was Darius Rucker opening - he was great! He did some of his country songs, a few Hootie and the Blowfish songs, and he sang Purple Rain - loved it. Then Rascal Flatts came out. They were great. I love them. Love their lyrics. It did take us an hour just to get out of the parking lot, but we did enjoy watching the crazy people while we waited. Once we got on the road, I started to get restless. Bill told me to lay the seat down and see if that helped. It helped - I fell asleep! Slept pretty much the whole way home. We didn't get in until 2 am. Yikes. WAY past my bedtime.

Let's see...highlights...Saturday my back was a little tight, but I was okay. Sunday I was not okay. Spent most of the day taking it easy, icing my back. Monday it was a little better, so I got all ready to go to work, even left the house. I was thinking that I could go back and forth between being on my feet and moving around and sitting at my desk, icing my back. But sitting hurt worse than standing. So, I was going back and forth on whether or not I should go in (while driving to work) and finally just said, "What would be the best for ME? Forget work. I need to take care of ME." So I turned around and came home. Then Tuesday my back was feeling better. I went to work and started getting a sore throat. Uh-oh. Bill was sick, and I had caught it. And I've been home from work Wednesday and Thursday. I feel like crap. And for anyone reading this that has children and has taken care of their children while they themselves have been sick - GOD BLESS YOU. I don't even want to take care of myself. I want someone to take care of me. :) And taking care of Bear? Ugh. It's been very hard. I confess that I have put him in the bathroom, like I would if I were going to work. I just can't handle him all day. And Bill has helped a lot when he is home. Thank you to Bill! He doesn't feel well either, but he is more of a trooper than I!

I know there is a ton more stuff that I could say, but I think I'll end here for today. I'll try to write something each day, since I am feeling a little better. Thank goodness.

Goodnight for me.

Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment